Learning from last year's experience, we got there early and laid claim to a spot right on the fence .... across from the "sign-in stage".
After the riders have signed in, they line up for the start right in front of us .... presenting some great opportunities for full frame face shots.
Especially when you have a 300mm lense to work with.
I was very pleased with the pixture I got of Vincenzo Nibali .... one of the up and coming stars of the sport (ranked #4 in the world on the day of this race).
I was a little mystified by all of the light I had captured on his face.
Thinking at first that it was reflection off the white fence that lines the course here at the start.
But if you look closely at the reflection in his sunglasses .... you can see the photographer that was laying on the ground to shoot his picture.
In an amazing coincidence .... I shot my pixture at the exact same moment that he triggered his flash.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.