Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mike's Other Pixtures #64

The Tigers are among my favorite pixture ops at the Zoo.

For obvious reasons their compound provides considerable distance between them and us. 

There is always a mixture of light and shadow in their compound .... both of which they seem to like in equal amounts. 

My long lens and some cropping in Lightroom lets me create the tight head shots that I prefer.

And those pixtures are always dramatic .... IF .... I get the focus on the eyes exactly right (like I did in the one on the upper left).


 But if you miss that focus, on the eyes, even just a little bit (like the right eye on the pixture in on the right side of this post) it looses a lot of it's punch. 

Sage photographic advice, always tells you to get the eyes and to get them in sharp focus.

In the case of the Tiger .... their natural camouflage pattern seems to magnify this need.

Our eye needs a frame of reference .... if it is going to make sense out of this jumble of colors and lines.

On the same day, I took a 3rd pixture .... a very nice profile.

It was this pixture that I was excited about.

It was an angle that I had not shot before.

But, in the end .... it is not at all pleasant to look at .

There is just no place for my eye to enter this pixture.

And as a result .... it's tough to make out what I am seeing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.