My nature adventure for the week.
Actually one of the two of these adventures that I had, on the same day.... while riding my bike on the Big Dry Creek Trail.
Both of these guys had stretched out across the path.... to take the morning sun I guess.
Some may be ambivalent when meeting a snake.... but I am not one of them.
So I always get a start, at the start of an encounter.
Hence, no picture of the first one I met.... the big one.
Neither of these guys was really the least bit interested that I was there.... but I did have to take a minute to figure that out, and to figure my way around the 1st one as he was pretty much dead center on the path.
After a little, post ride, internet research I am going to say that this guy is either a Bull Snake or a Great Basin Gopher Snake.... and I am leaning towards the latter.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.