Friday, November 24, 2017

FTF 11.4.17

My preferred route to the gym takes me along the edge of Margaret's Pond.

One of the trees that I see there, is pretty common to our part of the world.... Cottonwoods.

I am not very knowledgeable at all about trees.... but I like this one, a lot.

It doesn't have the stately grace of the mighty Oak or the prolific whimsy of the Russian Olive. But it does have character.... lots of it. 

They often grow to be very large and always provide  many gnarly twists, turns and branches.

It seems that at a certain size and/or age they get too big and split in the next wind storm.

Somehow that doesn't strike me as a sign of weakness.... but instead just seems to add to their character.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.