This was the week that the US saw a "total eclipse of the sun".... well more like 92% in our part of the world.
We were not part of the many who got "eclipse glasses" so we didn't get to look right at it.
I had heard that the difference between "totality" and even 90% was huge.... and that was definitely true./
In our part of the world, there was a dropping of temperature, a dimming and a change in the quality of the light.... but nothing that really even approached twilight.
This is the shadow of a tree in our neighborhood that I walk through on my way to the gym.... which is what I was doing at the height of the event.
Notice all the "crescent shapes" in this shadow.
I had heard in a podcast in the weeks leading up to the event, that one of the phenomenons that you could witness during an eclipse.... and sure enough here it was.
In fact, it was in all the tree shadows.... even after the light levels in our neighborhood appeared to return to normal.
But it was gone by the time I was done at the gym on my walk home.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.